4/30/2008

Want to know how to make money in poker?

This is a secret to my success to making money at poker. I feel like I shouldn't tell you guys as this will make me seem less good at poker. But I trust you not to spread this around too much on the internet (I'm talking to you 5 people who read my blog... yes 5... all 5 from the whole internet). Anyway the secret to winning any amount of money is to play is....


Play people worse than you. Thats right, there isn't anything easier to do than to play against people who are not as keen on the draws or can't read as well or bet heavily enough. This is the true secret to always winning. This does not mean leave the table if you're having a few bad beats, but if people are outplaying you and forcing you to fold most of the time, you are probably at the wrong table. If you are any bit decent at poker and want to play for money, just play against people who know enough as to know about small and big blind, and in general what a pair, two pair, trips, straight, flush, or full house are. These are the minimum requirements, otherwise the play style of someone who has no idea how to play might accidentally trap you without knowing it OR they will play like a true random maniac which can be dangerous.

I remember one time an old gentlemen at a poker table had literally no idea how to play, and someone I considered a shark at the table tried to bully him out. The old man kept calling and asking around what should I do? This prompted the shark to keep firing until he put the old man all in at which point the old man still called. The shark had top pair, but the old man held the pocket queens. So beware of the truly unaware but if you want to make money look for players worse than you. Thats my secret. Don't tell anyone...

No comments: