5/06/2008

New strategy...

Now that I've had a couple of days to review what went wrong that first table I'll point out a few mistakes I made/noticed.

1.) The person directly left of me was very loose/aggressive. So anything I played was in danger of being stolen or bluffed at often. Any attempts to defend or bluff back at is risky at such high stakes.

2.) I should have played much slower in the beginning to realize that the person directly left of me was very loose/aggressive. If I had gotten a better feel for the table first I could've geared myself up for a change in style/tactics.

3.) After an hour I should've started to play incredibly tight/passive. This lets me lose fewer hands/less money while at the same time gives me a better table reputation of being tight. Let them try and bully me but if I had anything really good going for me I could've easily have slow played some of them.

4.) A lot of people were getting in th flop cheap and trying to catch anything. If I were to play good hands(Pockets, suited face cards) I should've raised pre-flop to make them pay and also if I felt like they were trying to catch anything I should've made it expensive for them to see it.


The second table I did very well at. Next post to review the second table I played at.

No comments: