5/07/2008

Second table

This table was very different. There were very weak players on this table. Bad players:

1.) A caller who played a lot of hands down the river and lost almost all of his pots.
2.) A few generally weak players who either didn't know what to call/catch with.

These guys supplied the most of the money at our table.

The good players were:

1.) An older lady who showed me her tournament paper showing that she was in first place. Good tight/aggressive player but not aggressive enough in certain hands.
2.) People who liked to bluff at the pot once and a while. I was hoping to catch these guys in a bind once and a while since I would slow play these players for lots of money.

Overall I think I played conservatively and well. I bluffed at pots a couple times, and won with nice monster hands. Once in a while I would get bluffed out for $25 when a lot is in the pot, but sometimes its not worth going for it.

3 comments:

Max said...

"once and a while" ruined this post.

James said...

In this situation i believe its okay to be bluffed if i know I am being taken. There is some value to knowing that I'm being bluffed and they think I have no idea.

James said...

oops... max had a problem more with my idiocy...